This past weekend, we decided to explore some stores that we would only go in if we needed to. Andy and Tim were looking for tacky Christmas sweaters, so of course we made our way to the local Salvation Army...an interesting adventure in and of itself. I was in the mood to dig because come on some people just want to get rid of things and don't care where it goes. We of course found the sweaters but I saw a sign for .69 cent children clothes and I couldn't resist a great sale. I found 6 great outfits for our new niece and John got a new shirt....I think it is time to have a little girl because our niece is getting some super cute "play" clothes. Then we made our way to the dollar stores, Family Dollar and Dollar General. Sometimes I wonder why I never think to shop in these stores for the random items...oh yes it is a matter of quality but trust me some items are worth the savings. We purchased John a knock-off pillow pet, found his favorite animal crackers, and bought applesauce to make ornaments. I think what made the adventure was all the people we came across because if you have ever spent time in rural communities there is honestly never a dull moment.
Now we are back to work for one last week then it is off for a little while.
Some upcoming events:
Our 5th Wedding Anniversary!
Christmas with our families
Moments together that we will always cherish
Hopefully a few little surprises ;)!
I still can't believe it is almost the end of 2010! Where did the time go? We will enjoy it while we can because a new year holds new adventures and we aren't done with this years yet!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment