Monday, February 21, 2011

2 Years Old

Man time literally has flown on by and I am still trying to grasp the fact that John is already TWO! I wish that he would stay my little boy forever but I also know that it is important for him to grow and become an independent boy!
This past weekend we celebrated with our family and friends (an update for that will happen soon). John is so very blessed to have such loving and wonderful people in his life! We are so very thankful for all of them!

Some things that John has been up to:
  • use of sentences more than one word
  • imagination play
  • colors
  • learning at least 20 new words a day and trying to form new sentences...some are very laughable
  • exploring new foods
  • the art of throwing the most effective temper tantrum
  • he received his first shiner the week before his birthday
  • trying new types of milk...yes I am finally weaning him
  • becoming a little engineer
  • learning new dance moves
He is growing but at a slower pace than he did during his first year of life. Trust me he eats but there are days that he is too preoccupied with playing to eat. Today we took him to the doctor because he was complaining of his ears hurting so we just took him just in case. He did not have an ear infection but his ears were a bit inflamed. Today he weighed in at 27 pounds. They didn't measure him but we are going to take him to the pediatrician soon.
John is wearing
24 month-2T tops,
18-24 month bottoms,
size 4 diapers,
size 5.5 shoes,
and youth sized hats.

John has been the greatest blessing and we are grateful for him each day!
Happy 2nd Birthday Monkey!!!
We love you so very much and keep growing strong!

Pictures are to follow someday I promise!

No comments: