I just love Easter since it is a wonderful reminder of Jesus' sacrifice so that all my sin are washed away and I will one day meet him face to face!
This year for the week leading up to Easter, we spoke with John about the true meaning of Easter. Let me tell you the 3 year old version of Easter:
One of Jesus' friend was mean and brought the bad people who made Jesus drag a cross. Then they put sharp nails in his hands and feet, which hurt Jesus really bad. Not nice. Then they were mean to Jesus and he died. They put Jesus in a cave and then he was alive again to live in my heart.
There is still a lot for him to understand about the crucifixion of Jesus but I am just happy he understood this much of what we have talked with him about.
We spent Easter at home with my family and it was a wonderful time. John dyed eggs, hunted eggs at school and grandmother's, and he enjoyed WAY too much candy but I guess that a candy is okay on a special holiday! Kelly really had no clue what was going on but we made it a memorable day we can tell her about when she is older. We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment