Friday, May 18, 2012

6 Months: A Letter

Miss. Kelly Lane, 
You are 6 months old today!! 
How can this be? It was only yesterday you were born, right?!?
You are truly the greatest blessing and we love you more and more each day!
So what have you been up to this month? A LOT is the word of the month.
Growth:
Weight: 16lbs 15.9oz (65%) so close to 17lbs guess I should have nursed you before your appointment to give you few extra ounces.
Height: 26 1/4 inches (65%)
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches (95%) 
You are certainly meeting every milestone but your doctor said you are currently meeting the milestones of a 9 month old. Guess your huge head contains a huge brain! 
You are wearing size 3 diapers.
You still have no teeth but you are sure working on some since you are chewing/biting on everything.
 Clothes:
You are currently wearing 6-12 month clothes with a few 3-6 months thrown in. We are loving warm weather since you don't have to wear socks because your fat feet, ankles, and calves aren't keeping your socks on. I believe you are loving the warmer weather because you LOVE soaking up the suns rays and playing in the grass. People are always amazed that you don't mind having a big bow in your hair, which is so the truth you LOVE your bows! Mommy is just wanting your hair to grow a little faster so we can do more than just putting bows in your hair. It makes me very sad when you outgrow an outfit but I know you have to grow and it is a good sign that you are growing!

Eating:
You are the BEST eater! Mommy is so happy for this since bubba is super picky.
You are still nursing about 8 times a day but sometimes it is still on-demand. This month we started you on solids which you have really enjoyed! I am making your own baby food and I love doing it (wish I would of made John's) because it is super easy. Some of your current foods: cereal (rice, oat, barley), avocado, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, apples, pears, and squash. You love to eat so each time you try a new fruit or veggie, you first think about it and then you devour the contents in the bowl.
Sleep:
You are an excellent sleeper! Mommy loves how you sleep from 9:30pm to about 5:00am, nurse and then back to sleep until close to 7:00am (sometimes later). You have some pretty concrete nap times no matter what time you get up in the morning you are ready for your first nap at 9am sleeping usually for an hour and a half. Second nap is at about 1pm and lasts for 2 hours. Then your next nap is a short one at 5:30pm which you only sleep for 45 minutes (I think it is because daddy is home and you love your daddy!)
Now for all the fun stuff:
This month you started CRAWLING and you have gotten pretty quick. I still can't believe you have already accomplished this giant milestone and it makes me super sad.
Another milestone: Pulling up. Wait please little ladybug slow down, mommy wants to cherish every moment she can before she blinks and you are a teenager.

You have become a real pro at sitting up unassisted. It seems to of happened overnight but it is yet another milestone checked off the list. Something related to sitting up, you can now sit-up from laying down. It is amazing how much you have change each day yet alone how much you have changed in one month!
You love looking at yourself in mirrors or in mommy's phone. It is so cute how excited you get when you see the "other" baby. I am hoping you figure out soon that you cannot eat the other baby's face. 
The day has come that you are no longer sitting in your carseat while we are out shopping. You are now sitting like a big girl in the shopping cart and I do believe you are LOVING it since you can really look around and checkout your surroundings.
I believe your favorite time of the day is bath time. You can sit in the tub forever and find something new to keep yourself entertained. I am so happy that you have finally decided to put your feet in the water it makes bath time that much more fun since you are kicking water everywhere.
Little Ladybug you are changing and growing so fast that I am so blessed that I get to be home with you for every new thing you are learning. You are developing the sweetest personality and becoming the great adventurer. 
Mommy and daddy love you so very much! You have blessed our lives more than you can ever imagine and we love each day we get to spend with you.
Love you always and forever,
Mommy

No comments: