Thursday, October 25, 2012

11 Months: A Letter

Sorry, I am a little late on posting this but it has been busy around here...

Kelly Lane, you are one month shy of turning ONE! How can this be? This year has flown by way too quickly but there is no turning back now!
Growth: This month is a non-doctor month so I am not for sure on your measurements but little girl you are growing and growing a little too fast! You are currently wearing mostly 12 month clothes with a few 9 month and 18 month items thrown in depending on the brand. Your great grandmother purchased you some new shoes this month and the tradition of short fat feet continues...you are a 3.5W. 
Eating: You are still the human garbage disposal and willing to eat almost anything placed in front of you. You are on all table foods except for breakfast and you still eat baby cereal but slowly you are finding it unappealing. So here's your current schedule: breakfast: cereal with breastmilk and fruit, morning snack, lunch: meat (chicken or pork), veggies, and fruit, afternoon snack, and dinner: usually whatever we are having. I love having an independent eater but I do miss making sure you are eating the right amounts but I do measure all your servings to ensure you are eating the right amount of each food group. You are still nursing and mommy loves it! You nurse about 4 times a day but occasionally you nurse for comfort. Keep up the good eating because I know the storm that lies ahead and I hope you are not as picky as your brother.
Sleep: Well this month your sleep schedule has been all over the place...thanks to teething but I believe it is finally back to normal. This month you were waking 3+ times a night just to nurse to relieve some of the gum pain and fighting nap time. Usually you might wake just once throughout the night and go right to sleep for your naps. You still take two naps lasting 1.5-2 hours in length and are ready to go to bed around 8:30. You love your bedtime routine which consists of: playing with bubba, bath time (your ABSOLUTE favorite!), reading books, singing quiet time songs, and sweet prayers with bubba.
Now for all the fun stuff of the month! You have currently taking climbing to a level with attempting to climb over stuff...luckily you have not fallen on your head. If you can get your knee on it then you climb on up! 
You celebrated your great-uncle Robert's birthday and even helped him "blow" out his candle.
Mimi introduced to you prowling in the tupperware cabinet and you were in heaven along with your brother. Not only did you prowl in the tupperware but you made yourself at home in all of Mimi's kitchen cabinets and drawers. Also you discovered the dogs water bowl dumping it all over yourself!
Books, book, and more books! Ladybug you love to "read" books and can't get enough of the touch and feel books. I seriously love having two kiddos with a love of reading at such young ages. Some of your favorite books are any touch and feel, Put Me In The Zoo, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Goodnight Moon, and Jesus Loves Me.
We also had took some new family photos this month and you barely cracked a smile but your eyes are so expressive you seem to smile with them.
You are starting to understand simple commands and know when you are doing something you aren't suppose to be doing. You try so hard to be as big as brother and not quite understanding that he has a couple more years on you. It's so cute to see y'all friendship develop and I hope you all remain close.
You have 4 teeth! I just love the little gap in your front teeth, hopefully as you get more teeth the gap will close since gapped front teeth run in mommy's family...sorry babe but that is what braces are for later :)
Sweet little lady it is so hard that this year has flown on by and you will be one next month! I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with you and watch you meet every milestone. Thank you for being such a sweet, content, smily, and determined little lady, it has balanced out the craziness of having a silly big brother running around.
We love you more than you will ever know and can't wait to watch you continue to grow. 
Love you forever and always,
Mommy

No comments: