Sunday, November 21, 2010

21 Months

Dear John,
We can't believe how much you have changed in the last couple of months but we know that is all part of life. I just ask please SLOW DOWN!
If you ever read this blog I hope that you aren't disappointed that I didn't write about your 20 month birthday but trust me life was hectic and we did celebrate!

What have you been up to:
  • Slowly but surly you are starting to add tons of words to your vocabulary but you have 10 favorites that you use constantly : cold, hot, blanket, remote, mama, daddy, cow, hi, shoe, socks.
  • Anytime that anyone says goodbye to you, you have to give them a high five. This is too cute.
  • Your aunts taught you how to fist bump while we were in Dallas. This is another favorite thing of yours.
  • You weigh about 27 pounds, not for sure about your length, but your head is still of the charts...guess you have lots of space to hold lots of knowledge.
  • Currently you are wearing size 4 diapers and depending on the brand of clothes you are wearing 12-24 month in the bottoms but 24 month tops because they must fit over your huge head.
  • You are a typical toddler when it comes to eating. You eat when you are ready to eat but still snack constantly. Still you are not a fan of meat other than certain types of chicken but you are willing to try everything.
  • I am proud to say that we have made it to 21 months of nursing! I must say this is a lot longer than I ever thought I would ever nurse but I am so happy that I continued this long since you are the healthiest little one at the schoolhouse. Trust me you are not showing any signs of wanting to stop so we will continue.
  • You are on the best sleep schedule of your life. You normally sleep from 7:45 to 6:30 and take one 2 hour nap from 12-2 roughly it just depends on the day but it is 2 hours! I love that you still love to be rocked and cuddled as you fall asleep. You are really good about soothing your self back to sleep if you do wake up early.
  • You love to drum! That explains itself!
  • We read all the time and you are currently looking at books and talking about the story. Love this because I love hearing what you think that story is about.
  • Each day you learn something new like following directions and picking up your toys when asked (thought this was going to be impossible but you are the best at picking up your messes).
I am sure there are other things that you are doing but those are the highlights.
Daddy and I, Love you very much and know that God has great things planned for you!
Happy Birthday Monkey still can't believe you are almost 2! You have totally flipped our world upside down and backwards in the best way possible!

No comments: