We finally decided it was time to switch John to a toddler bed and it has been a rather exciting experience thus far. We waited a long while to switch him because he wasn't trying to get out of his bed and seemed perfectly content with being contained within his four crib walls.
Now he is a wild man on the lose!
Now for the current tales:
This is him in his first toddler bed...we had to purchase another one not because it broke.
So night two went a lot better he actually slept the whole night without falling out but I was abruptly woken up to screams of, "mommy foot stuck". So I ran into his room and behold his foot had gotten stuck at the foot of his bed between the arch and where the slats start. I yelled for Andrew who quickly thought of vegetable oil to get his little foot out. That is the reason why we went to purchase a toddler bed because mimi and papa were worried that he was really going to hurt himself.
Those are the major highlights of switching John to his new bed but it has been a rough road because he still doesn't like just lying there and falling asleep, we have to sit with him till he falls asleep or he gets out of his bed. I know that it will get better with time.
Trust me there will be more tales from the toddler bed to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment