Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Wonderful Visit Home

This past week Andy, John, and I traveled to Owasso for some family time!!
Before heading to Owasso we stopped in Stillwater, so I could take John to see everyone at Joe's and the reactions made the special trip even better. Everyone walked in and said, "You had a baby?!?!" It was a quick trip but well worth it!
We arrived home last Wednesday and took John up to mom and dad's school, so all the teachers could finally meet him, after hearing so much about him since February. Mostly everyone said they could see the Storjohann in him but we were quick to correct them since John is identical to his daddy. Then it was out to eat dinner with Mark and four of his kids, Aidan is still in love with baby John but still wants another baby...we will see :), and after dinner we all took a trip to Wal-Mart, which was quite an experience to say the least everyone thought I had 5 kids since my brother pretty much knows everyone in Owasso.
Thursday we were able to relax for a bit, then we found out that my mother-in-law was in the hospital for an abscess and she might be having surgery, so Andy drove in with his dad to pickup his mom's car. John and I went to my mom's, Mother's Day tea, where I was able to sit with the sweetest little girl since her mom was unable to come, and John was once again awed over. They kept my mother-in-law overnight so we ate dinner with my mom and brother. Mark made us dinner as his Mother's Day gift to us, we had steak, scalloped potatoes, and caesar salad. I was really YUMMY!!
Then came Friday which is a rather blur but the good news was my mother-in-law was able to come home after getting antibiotics she was allergic to and a nurse really worked on cleaning out the abscess. We ate dinner with Andy's family where yet again we had steak but it was from a place called Steaks To-Go. They were good steaks but no one can beat Mark's. We had a blast hanging out with Andy's parents and Val-pal.
Saturday was an AMAZING day minus the rain... Andy finally got his hair cut but I do miss his long hair. We met up with my mom and did a little shopping but mostly walked the mall. Then we met my very dear friend Sara and her mom Lynda at Braum's before going on a little shopping spree at Babies R US courtesy of Lynda and Sara!! John got a new toy that he can kick at, a pair of sunglasses, and 2 cute summer outfits. Sara really enjoyed seeing John and I love seeing her, I miss her very much and wish that we could move back to Tulsa so I could take care of her and we can have a BLAST!! That evening we hung out with Auntie Em and Ryley, I am not for sure if Ryley knew what to do with John so she decided to lick him and hung out in his car seat which was quite hysterical. Then we went back to Owasso, saw Cassie and Andy's parents.Happy Mother's Day!!! Yay!! I do believe I had the greatest first Mother's Day ever, my boys got me the sweetest bracelet which has John's name on it along with his birthstone. We gave our mom's the cutest little picture flipbook of John, along with a card that John "made" for them. Then we went out to eat at the Olive Garden with my family which is always a good time!! Towards the end of dinner my mom asked, "So will we have any new babies next year for Mother's Day?" Everyone looked at me and all I have to say is you will have to wait and see, we might not have one in our arms but one will likely be in the oven!!!! Plus next year we are going to have a GRAND celebration since Andy, Mark, Jessica, Erick, and I all will be done with college!!! We went and hung out with Jean, Jake and Katy at Andy's house. John and Katy just looked at each other not knowing what to think but they were so cute together.
Monday was the day we came back to Weatherford, but before we came home we found out that we are going to have another niece or nephew. No it is not my brother... Ryan and Amber are expecting!! Can't wait the Hatch family is growing by leaps and bounds!!
Now we are home getting our house in order before summer school starts but we have tons of things planned before June but we have a busy summer planned too, can't wait, Andy's senior recital, Alicia and Robert are getting married, Storjohann family vacation to the river, and watching our little guy grow!
Funny little side note, John has been constipated the last 5 days well not anymore, I was changing his diaper and every time I thought he was done...he would poop some more.
Here are some more pictures of John and Katy
Katy was showing John her "guns" :)They love their binkiesSuch sweet babies!!Holding hands...I love John's face in this one!One last picture with papa Morty!

No comments: