For my final cake in this cake class we were able to play with fondant! Which was a ton of fun but a lot of work, since you have to kneed it and then roll it out but well worth it!

I successfully turned my hands pink and purple from the cake coloring but oh well I can deal since this cake is so adorable! Mostly everyone in my class were successful in laying out their fondant without any creases, which according to my teacher it is one of the hardest things to do for first timers. I was successful!! I do believe all my cakes from now on will be covered in fondant because it looks so clean and pretty but sometimes I will use just
butter cream too!
Now to find the perfect carrot cake and icing recipe for my Grandmother's birthday which is on Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment