Friday, September 24, 2010

Our Track Star

Last Sunday we went for a walk/run at the Wheeler ISD track and it was a family outing minus Lucy.
The picture below has to be one of my favorite pictures.
They were on their way to play in the sprinklers but it was so sweet John was getting so excited to play in the water. He had been eying it the whole time we were there.
I think that John enjoys running in water more than he likes to swim in it...oh well it makes for some mud puddles in the yard but it is just fine!
Lately John has been about helping us push everything from his stroller to the shopping cart at the store (we clean his hands when we leave the store to reduce germs.). There are times that he gets distracted and wants to do his own thing. It makes for some long trips to the store but they are quite entertaining.
So my pictures are a little backwards but it still gets the point across.
John loved running around the track chasing after his Uncle Tim's dog Beasley (she was a great motivator to keep him going in the right direction).
As a parent I always wonder what John will participate in when he is older but I do wish that he remains active and run cross country/track like his daddy and I did. I do know that he will be in band but if we live in a small enough school district I hope that he takes full advantage of sports too.
Personally I think that he will do amazing things just look at his form!

No comments: