Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lately...

Oh my, it has been awhile since I had the time to blog but life is so busy and it is hard to find the time or intersting things to write about...


So here is what we have been up to lately...


Grad school is in full swing and I am trying to get the bulk of my classwork done before Kelly arrives plus getting ready for her arrival and playing with this cute little guy!



We celebrated my niece Kayla's birthday. She wanted an ice cream cake so of course I couldn't deny her of that request and I made her one which was delicious!

Andrew has been hard at work with his new job and loving it! We are thankful that God opened a door for him to teach with some amazing guys. Even though he is commuting between Weatherford and Elk City five days a week he is doing it without a complaint and ready to be daddy when he gets home to give this momma a break.

We decided that John need a little social interaction with kids his own age so he goes to "school" two days a week and loves it. I miss my little sidekick on the days he goes to school but it is so nice to have the time to write my papers and do homework. He is doing so well at school with potty training, he loves to sing, Jesus Loves Me, talks constantly about his friends there is a total of four 2 year olds in his class so he gets plenty of attention, and his art projects are too cute (should make a post of them).

Here he is on his first day of school. He is at the age that taking pictures isn't his favorite thing to do so we take what we can get.


We finally made it to the zoo and I am so happy we waited till he was really into animals because it was so much fun to see him excited about the animals.


He loved being able to pet the goats and talk to them. I am just happy that they didn't try to eat his clothes because their relationship would of been over.



In the children's zoo he was also able to feed the birds which was a huge hit since his favorite movie currently is Rio. He kept telling us each bird was Rio. He tried to pet every bird but they would turn around an nip at him and he thought they were giving him kisses.

We didn't get any nectar because we weren't for sure how he would react to having birds flying around but luckily some people were generous enough to donate to him (they were leaving and still has nectar in their cups). John loved this and I think we could of stayed in there all day.

His next favorite animal was the elephants!!

I would have to say that we will be making another trip to the zoo hopefully before little sister gets here because it was such a fun day!!


Now for a baby update:

I am currently 31.5 weeks along with a very wiggly little girl in my tummy. She is getting the hiccups about four times a day (which John finds really entertaining to watch mommy's tummy twitch). Her crib is together, letters are here needing to be painted, needing to find time to get stuff out of storage, clothes we have bought are washed, blankets needing to be finished, and resting is much needed. As you can see there is still a long list of things that we need to take care of before she arrives but I still have 8 weeks so keep on baking little girl! I will try to post new pictures of her, my belly, and her room soon.

That is all for now! Have a great day!!

No comments: