This past weekend we made our third trip home in three weeks to celebrate our upcoming arrival of Miss. Kelly Lane! There is a ton of pictures but hey pictures make everything better!
I always enjoy coming up with a nickname for our children because I always had some name other than my name...John was named "monkey" and he has held up that name very well. Kelly is our little ladybug (which helped me in making her bedding choice), we shall see if she is a gentle ladybug...
Welcome to the Ladybug Shower!
Her cake was made by the same lady who made John's monkey cake and it is just as delicious as ever (since I have over half of it still in my fridge). My Aunt Sarah sure knows where to find the best cakes! My best friend, Heather and her mom, Kathy, made some sweet ladybug cookies and pink creme puffs.
Then after eating my plate of food, I got to taste baby food to see what it was...but I failed getting on 50% of them correct even though I "tried" everything John ate, guess my tastebuds were a little off. There were pears, prunes (which I didn't try because I just knew what it was), green beans (again I smelled them), and mango.
Picture Time!
Even though my childhood best friend lives too far away to come and I will one day forgive her for going all the way to the number one school in the nation for physical therapy which happens to be in California (story for another time), these ladies below made up for the missing piece of my heart!
Emily and Lauren, what would I do without them? Hmm, I guess have more frown lines than laugh lines because we are always laughing or just being goofballs hence the picture below!
The wonderful hostesses of the shower! I have to say a huge thanks to the most creative people I know, Heather and Kathy aka "mom", I believe there is nothing they can't do and should go into business together putting parties together! Everyone who had a hand in this shower did such a wonderful job and I loved every minute of it.
We are a unique bunch but we love each other much!
My wonderful aunt giving me the much needed support...
So very thanful for these wonderful ladies. God has truly blessed me with the greatest mom, aunt, grandma, and cousin a girl could ask for!
My amazing friend, Heather! I am going to miss her when she moves but I do believe John is going to take it the hardest because she is just simply amazing and so caring. Love her!
Kelly is already so loved and we can't wait to bring her home to complete our little family! Thank you to everyone who helped and came out to celebrate the best gift God has to give. Now if November would hurry up and get here so I can hold her and quit having these crazy pregnancy dreams (another story for another time...).

No comments:
Post a Comment