Tuesday, August 9, 2011

John's Journey's



John is quite a character these days but he is also building his autonomy of the world around him and I am not for sure how I feel about it... John loves to be outside even if it is 100+ degrees outside!


So everyday we go out in the morning and late evening so he can run around. Here are some of his latest summer adventures.


We have a gnome that sits outside our door and John has to tell him hello and goodbye everytime he goes outside. It is rather cute but sometimes their greetings take a little while...but hey he's 2.5 and has an independent mind. When we go to Bass Pro Shops it use to be all about the fishies but that has all changed...he only talks about the big fuzzy bear. He will stand infront of the bear forever and say, "pet him softly."



Excuse me, when did he get so big! He is doing so many new things lately and keeping us laughing with what he says. Trust me there are days when he is exhibiting his terrible two's and exploring his trying three's (which is still 6 months away, maybe he will get it all out in his two's. We can only hope.) but I have learned by using tons of patience life is a whole lot easier.



Potty training has been a lot easier than I truly expected it to be, he has been doing so well with telling us he needs to go and actually sitting on the potty versus going in his underwear. We are still matering the number two and going potty in public restrooms. I know one day he will kill me for sharing this story but oh well it makes me laugh. On Saturday we decided to brave the new outlet mall that opened in OKC, I asked him if he wanted to wear big boy undies and the answer was yes. I have to admit I was a little nervous for our first big outting in undies but lets just say he tried to go everytime we asked but eventually I felt so bad that he was holding it and I finally just put him in a pull-up. He would still tell us he needed to go potty but would try with no luck. After holding it for a total of 6ish hours we finally made it home and he sat on his frog potty. Moral of the story: he sure knows how to hold his number 1 and the frog potty is going to travel with us. We felt so bad but I guess the big potties are a little scary for little ones.


Here are some pictures of our potty adventure: The first potty is out and the frog potty is in! John loved getting stickers and marshmallows but we have slowly stopped with those reinforcements now we are doing high fives and knuckles!



Everyone rides through the store on their new potty chair...right!



I am one lucky mommy to get to stay home with this little man! Yes, I know that I am also a student but I have class one night a week and I get to play all day with my little man!!



He is turning into such a goofball and becoming really smart, I believe he understands more than he lets us know but I am bias of him a little. He has really been interested in being a big brother lately which is a wonderful thing!



Everyone wears their undies and tennis shoes...right? This is his mall walking outfit, he will run around the house in this get-up and tells us he is running fast. These shoes will be his first pair of non-StrideRite shoes because we found a great deal at a local store here in Weatherford plus they were in a wide width which sold me instantly.




I love this little man more than life itself, he has taught us so many things about patience and laughter, and makes my day brighter when he says, "love you mommy." The Lord truly blessed us with this little guy and it is our responsibility to raise him to walk close to the Lord.

No comments: