Short version:
Kelly Lane
Kelly Lane
11-18-2011
8lbs 2oz
20 3/4 inches long
She has dark brow hair, gray eyes, chubby cheeks, a bottom nose, ten long fingers, and ten long toes! She is perfect in every way! We love her to pieces already and big brother is loving his sister too!
Disclaimer: I am doing this for my record so I remember everything about her birth-day, so it might be too indepth for some but this is for me.
I am normally one who is all about letting things happen naturally but with a holiday coming up, I didn't want to make my doctor/family/myself miss any part of the holiday so I made the decision to be induced the day after my due date. I believe that our little girl was nice and snug inside my belly but we were so ready to meet her. Here we are at 40 weeks (with John I was 39 weeks and 6 days) so making it to 40 weeks felt like a major accomplishment!
Now for her birth-day story.
We had to be at the hospital at 7:30 am on Novemeber 18, 2011 which meant leaving Weatherford at 6:15 am. We have the greatest friend, Heather, who came over to watch John till the late morning when she would meet my parents in the city to drop John off. So off we went to the hospital and we started by filling out tons of paperwork then we were off to our room. They started me on pitocin increasing it by 2 every 30 minutes. My wonderful doctor came in about 9:30 am and broke my water and that is when all the fun truly started with contractions coming stronger and more frequent like a super big contraction followed by a medium contraction. Every hour my doctor would come in and say there is too much smiling and laughter give her more pitocin she should be in pain. Then it hit and I am normally one who can bear pain for quite sometime but I only made it to 4cm before I described my pain as toe curling and asked for an epidural which was graciously approved by my doctor saying once you are numb crank the pitocin up and I will be back in about two hours (his son had ACL surgery the day before and he was taking him to physical therapy). So I received my epidural about 1:30 pm or so and once I was numb, boy did they crank up the pitocin because I went from a 4 to a 10 in a little over an hour! The nurses were unable to reach my doctor at first but finally he called and had to move his son from his car to his wife's car then he was on his way back to the hospital. My nurses, pediatric nurses, and my doctors delivery assistant were great coaches in the "pushing process." They were prepared to deliver Miss. Kelly just in case Dr. M didn't make it in time. He arrived, got dressed, let my nurse continue to try and turn little girl since she was facing my right hip, and finally we could see her head and he told me to push and he will catch her so he wouldn't block my view of watching the whole process. As strange as this sounds I was able to watch the whole birthing process and I believe that is what made it amazing being able to see our little girl come into the world.
I might have to say this was the best labor and delivery experience ever because I had the greatest support from my hubby, best nurses ever who all sang Kelly Lane to the tune of Penny Lane, an amazing doctor who was the best cheerleader (he's from Puerto Rico so he is naturally loud!) so you can imagine there was lots of laughter and people telling me to push. At one point there was 8 people in the room.
Kelly Lane arrived at 3pm on the dot with dark brown hair, gray eyes, a big perfectly round head, ten long fingers, and ten long toes (she gets it from her daddy!). She weighed 8lbs 2oz and measured 20 3/4 inches long, her head measure in at almost 15 inches. She was considered large for gestational age due to her weight, height, and head circumfrance so every two hours for the first 24 hours her blood sugar had to be checked which all came back normal.
Your daddy and I are already in love with you and trust me it was love at first sight. I have prayed that God would one day bless our family with a precious baby girl to make our family complete and boy did he bless us.

Daddy might look tired but he loves you so very much and his face lights up everytime he is with you. Hopefully you will be a daddy's girl trust me it is the best type of girl to be since your daddy is the best!
Mommy and daddy love you so very much and can't wait to watch you grow each and every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment