Our summer is slowly coming to a close with Andrew starting his drum camps, then he will start his second year at Elk City! I am so proud of him that he followed his dreams and has become well known in this area of Oklahoma.
Here are some things we have been up to since I have not been very good at updating. I have a good excuse...we have been at home most of the time and my camera batteries have died each time I try to upload pictures.
After big band camp, John's cousin Valerie stayed with us for a few days. Before heading home we visited the OKC Zoo to see all the animals we could before it got too hot (Thank you ZooFriends). I have always wanted to feed the giraffes and knew it was something John would love so of course we made it to the zoo just in time.
I never knew how long a giraffes tongue was but let me tell you it just about licked John's hand into its mouth trying to eat the lettuce leaves.
After seeing the monkeys, loins, and elephants we headed on over to feed some birds. Valerie didn't like the thought of feeding a giraffe but loved being able to feed the birds. I think this is John's favorite thing to do and Kelly even took notice to the birds, she tried to "pet" or grab at the birds. All together we spent 1.5 hours at the zoo but trust me one the weather cools down a bit we will make many more visits!
Once home John spent some time learning how to play Valerie's french horn. I never thought he would have the lung capacity to really make a sound but then again he screams/screeches at the top of his lungs at times. John was able to make some beautifully loud sounds...I guess. He has also played a melophone and a trumpet this month.
The good thing about my parents living just down the street from my grandmother's house is lining up the kiddos for a walk to the swimming pool.
We also made a stop by the Tulsa Zoo with my dad and nieces. It was so hot but we made it around the whole zoo! John's favorite animal was the giraffes but the sea lion was a close second. He loved being able to brush the "Billy Goats Gruff" and see the penguins or "Happy Feet" as he called them.
After the zoo we spent the rest of the day inside relaxing.
John attended his first DCI show with his daddy! When I asked him about his night he talked about the bus ride with Lamke {they rode with the band director from Weatherford and some of his students} and how he watched drum lines.
{Pretty sure this is how he sat for most of the show!}

We had the pleasure of hanging out with this little movie star this past week. Oh how I love Miss. Kayla, she is such an easy going gal. We tried on sunglasses at the Gap, raced in the swimming pool {I won but trust me she is a strong swimmer so it wasn't an easy race!}, and ate donuts.
It is amazing how much this little lady has changed over the past couple of weeks! She is letting go of things and standing all alone. She is also taking one step every once in awhile. Her favorite thing to do is "hop" on her knees and cruise around the living room! We are one step closer to having a walker...insert tears here.
I LOVE the Olympics and wanted to instill this love into my children so of course the games have been on nonstop {this is a rare time but give me a break history is being made!}
John has taken an active role in perfecting his platform diving techniques and diving off the swimming blocks. He is also learning how to stick his landings in gymnastics as well as hitting the bullseye in archery. I believe the time has come to get him involved in a sport but I am having a hard time choosing because he needs something that will consume all his energy {trust me he could be the next energizer bunny...}. I have thought about gymnastic but then there is also swimming, soccer, t-ball, and the list could go on and on but all I know is running around the backyard/playground/splash pad isn't getting all the energy out at the end of the day. Stay tuned to see what we decide to enroll him in.
With all the super hot weather we have resorted to hanging out in our wagon inside sometimes we go on rides around the apartment but John just fills it with toys and Kelly plays with them.
Hope everyone is staying cool with this heat! Looking forward to seeing Fall sometime soon but then I will be wishing for Summer as soon as Winter hits.
Have a lovely day!





No comments:
Post a Comment