Saturday, February 28, 2009

First Week

Andrew and I have officially completed our first week as parents and let me tell you it is the most AMAZING thing in the world!!
John is keeping our lives full of laughter and love. Here are some highlights of our first week with our new love.
We came home on Monday afternoon and settled in. My mom stayed with us just to help ease the transition of John coming home so we didn't get overwhelmed.
John is a little party animal, he enjoys sleeping during the day and partying pretty much all night with his mommy, which I don't mind I am not missing my sleep since I get to spend time with our sweet little boy.
We had to go to the health department to register him for WIC, he was very good on his first outing but didn't like having to be weighed and measured all over again. Then we came home and he slept like a champ.
He knows when it is time for mommy to eat and he wants to eat as well so I am mastering the art of eating while breastfeeding. So far nothing I have eaten has bothered him so we have our fingers crossed that he will end up having a great stomach.
He officially initiated me not once but twice in one day, the first time he pretty much hit me in the eye and then the second time it mostly got on our recliner. I have learned that you have to be prepared for anything with little boys.
Andrew's brother Robert came into town to practice and to meet his new little nephew.
A little daddy-son quality time/nap time
His first day home relaxing in his cradleI do believe he is going to be a thinker just like his daddy.
Well I do believe that wraps up our first week as a family!!

No comments: