With a New Year comes new goals and ours is to get John to sleep partly through the night...since he has been in the habit of waking up two or more times a night!
Oh how I am going to miss our late night bonding sessions but this needs to be done!!
On night one it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do, sit there while my little boy literally cried and cried mama for 35 minutes :(. Then he started to doze off while standing up in the corner of his pack-in-play, then he ended up sitting down still in the dozing state swaying back in forth (it was so sad yet very funny at the same time), and finally he laid down! He slept until about 3am or so but again we let him cry this time it only lasted for about 5 minutes!! We are getting somewhere right!? John didn't wake up until 9:30ish on Saturday!!
Nap time was longer than normal because he had literally worn himself out the night before, so he slept for about 3 hours and if I didn't remove his blanket I think he might have slept for a lot longer!
Night two came...bedtime routine started about 9:30, with John falling asleep about 10:10, and not waking up until about 3ish! Then John yet again soothed himself back to sleep and woke up at 7:30ish! Which is perfectly fine with me!
Sleep wonderful sleep! Oh how I have missed you and now I am going to miss the sweet moments with our little boy but he needs to sleep!!
Hopefully night three will go as smoothly we will see!!

No comments:
Post a Comment