Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010

It is hard to believe that 2010 has come to a close but it has been a great year! We did a lot of learning and entered into a new chapter in our lives together.
January: We welcomed a new member to the Hatch family our nephew. John learned how to walk (which was so much fun even though he learned how to get into everything!) We started our final semester for our bachelors.
February
John enjoyed his first snow adventure since he was too young last year.
We celebrated his first birthday!! He had two parties: one with our friends in Weatherford and he had a turtle cake (that I made) and the second one was with our family and friends in Owasso and I made him a caterpillar cake.
It was hard to believe that he was already one but I am loving every minute!
March
There wasn't anything fancy going on but we did transition him to his new car seat.
April
We began to adventure outside with all the warm weather. Which you have loved ever since...we can hardly get you to come inside on nice days.
May
This was a busy month of celebrations! Andy and I both graduated with our bachelors and looking forward to the future. We had our Mother's Day celebration with my family.
June
Was a month of lounging around, catching some rays while swimming, and preparing for our move to Texas. Andrew was offered a job in the grand town of Wheeler and assisting our friend Tim. We also found out that John would have to have surgery to fix his hole in his heart :(. We also watched my brother graduate from Radiology Tech school :).
July
We were preparing to move, finish up some last minute classes, John's heart surgery, and saying goodbye to friends. On July 12th John had his surgery, his hole was 3mm in diameter (which is large) and it would have taken a while for it to close. He has been a whole new little boy ever since his surgery because now his body can focus on growing instead of pumping blood in two different directions. Within one day after his surgery you could tell that he was feeling much better.
August
On the first day of the month we said goodbye to our little house in Weatherford and hello to our new house in Wheeler...and man do I miss Weatherford! I started a new job at the schoolhouse in town, teaching preschool. I am blessed to work within the same facility that John goes to, so I am never too far. It was a huge adjustment but a good change. Andrew started his first teaching job, which he is loving!
September
We spent a lot of time exploring our new surroundings...but trust me there isn't a whole lot to do in this town. We learned that we would have to take a 45 minute drive to the closest wal-mart and we live among chickens and chihuahuas.
October
John celebrated his second Halloween as a puppy dog. The picture below was the same picture put into our county newspaper. Our little guy is famous.
November
We took a trip to Dallas to meet the newest Hatch baby, Emily, she is Andrew's oldest brothers little girl. John is at the age that if you aren't busy like him, he really has no interest in you (he is one busy little boy :)!). Then we went home to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families.
December
John had his first Holiday program at school but he spent most of his time with his daddy. We celebrated our 5th year of marriage and I must say I love my hubby more and more everyday! What a blessing to be married to my best friend! We were able to spend almost two weeks at home with our families, which is always a blessing! John was okay with sitting on Santa's lap after visiting 4 different Santa's. We even got a smile!
We still can't believe that we said goodbye to 2010 but are super excited to see what this new year holds! John will be turning two, we are applying to graduate school, hopefully moving closer to family, and trust me there will be surprises. God has blessed us tremendously during this last year and I have faith that he has big plans in store for us during 2011!
I am not one to make resolutions because like every normal human they dissolve by the end of January. I do make goals which they seem to last longer and get achieved faster, so goal #1: save money for a new car (we will see if this one gets achieved by the end of the year! fingers crossed)
We hope that everyone took the time to reflect on the past year and forget the negatives yet cherish the positives.
Happy New Year from our family to yours!

No comments: