Saturday, February 13, 2010

Just EIGHT days away!!!
It is so hard to believe that the first year of John's life has gone by so quickly but I have been blessed to be a part of every minute, hour, day, and month, never really missing a moment! I have seen him hold his head up, roll over, get up on his knees and rock, that then moved into a crawl, next came pulling up to cruising around the couch, and now to toddling around with his stiff little legs! I watch him fall and think good thing he has a diaper on or else his booty might be hurting from all that falling down but he just gets up and tries it all over again! I am in awe of everything he has accomplished this year, watching him meet new milestones, and wondering what he is going to do next (since we never know what is really going through his little brain)!
Another wonderful medical issue that happens to 10% of newborns and usually heals by the time they are 2, is called PDA but not to worry it is fairly common and he is completely normal beside a little hole in his heart!
John is the greatest blessing, he turns my down days into the happiest of days with just a little smile, giggle, sweet kiss, or hug!! Life is never boring or usual, we are always going on new little adventure trying to get him to use his imagination and reading constantly (he now brings us books to read and actually sits to listen to them instead of turning the pages to see the next picture!)!! I would not trade in any bit of this year for a life of leisure because being a mommy is the most rewarding thing life has to offer, even waking up at all hours during the night to soothe him back to sleep, figuring out that he really doesn't like to take naps (which is just like his mommy!), him not wanting to take a bottle and wanting to nurse when he gets the chance to make sure it is still there, and being attacked whenever I sit on the floor because he can not get close enough! It is all worth it and I am loving every minute!!!

No comments: