Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hmm...

Everyday seems like we are always going on a new little adventure of John learning a new activity. So lately I have been really watching him and he is trying to figure out what his own strength is by picking everything he can up or pushing things around.
In order to get some organization for all his toys we decided to purchase laundry baskets since they are cheap to replace and no lids to reduce the smashing of his fingers. As you can tell by the pictures below toys end up everywhere and I am pretty sure the other areas of the house not pictured look 10x worse!Anytime that there is an empty basket or box, John will find his way into it but he can't quite get out without knocking it over with all the contents inside too. This day was a little odd he just decided to drag it around. I am pretty sure that the wheels in his little big head were turning and he had some big plans.
I was trying to clean up the living room and John was playing in his room when all of a sudden it got really quiet. Which is highly unusual around our house and when it happens he is usually doing something he should not be doing. So I called for him and didn't get a response. Then I went to find out what he was doing.This is what I found...or after he saw me. He was chilling in the basket and it didn't seem to bother him until I came around the corner to find him, then he wanted to get out! At times I would like to know what he is thinking but instead I take pictures and create my own narratives. So personally I think that he was going to use the basket to climb on to get something but he couldn't turn it over so he decided to act like he was on a boat in the middle of the ocean...we can only wonder what he is thinking but it is fun to create our own stories!

No comments: