Monday, April 5, 2010

Just My Size

Why do we spend hundreds of dollars a year on getting our children the best toys that should help them learn their ABC's, nursery rhymes, gross and fine motor skills, and the body parts. Duh it is a no brainer we want the best for them until you see this...
John loves to play with
Empty boxes...
or he will turn over a basket full of laundry just so he can climb on top of it
or into baskets
or an overturned stool!
Still after all this I would still buy him new toys. Don't get me wrong he still plays with ALL his toys but I just think it is funny when something new is presented in the environment he has to go and check it out.
He is becoming a little adventurer, always on the go, and keeping us busy to keep up with him!
Some new things he is doing:
When we take his picture he will say "eeze", with the biggest smile ever showing all his teeth!
He can almost piece his name together but most the time the syllable you can make out is "ohn" but the j is sometimes there.
We have started going on daily walks and letting him explore outside. He is totally in love with being outside but doesn't like it when he falls since the grass pokes him in the hands, he doesn't cry he just gives a look of disgust and why did you let me do that.
He love to help destroy folded laundry or taking it out of the laundry basket.
We have finished baby proofing his/guest room so he walks back and forth between it and the living room but you can tell he is loving the new room to explore in.
Those are some highlights for this week, I am amazed how each week he is changing so much and showing more and more of his little personality/imagination! I am so blessed that I never miss a moment and that I get to rock our little man to sleep for each nap and bedtime unless daddy wants to have some cuddle time with him too. He is the sweetest little boy, we could ever ask for and thankful for everything he has taught me!

No comments: