Monday, June 28, 2010

Knew There Was a Reason

That I have been obsessing over packing up the house early.
Today was John's 6 month follow up at the cardiologist.
For those who don't know back in October he was diagnosed with PDA, patent ductus arteriosis, which the ductus arteriosis is the way blood is pumped while they are still in womb and after their first breath it normally closes.
He had an EKG and ECHO done today to determine how his little heart is doing. As we waited for the doctor to come in to talk to us we played and John ran from wall to wall.
He also had himself a little snack.
He definitely entertained mommy by pushing around the doctors stool while making car noises. It was too cute and I wish that I got some video of it but he loves the camera.

Finally the doctor came in, listened to his heart, and played games with John. Then came the news that I was so hoping we would not get but it came anyways... John's hole is still open a lot or as his doctor puts it, "that choo-choo train is really loud." Within the next couple of days the office will contact me to schedule John's surgery which will be done within the next month before we move. His surgery is an outpatient surgery, go in and come home all in the same day. A little crazy. They will go up through his major artery and vein via his groin insert dye to determine which plug they need to use. Then they will put the plug in the cath the same way the insert the dye. Once in place it will expand to cover the hole but they will do some scans to make sure the hole has been plugged. We will go back for various follow-ups to make sure it has worked
I personally don't think I am mentally prepared for this but I know God doesn't give me something that I can not handle.
After his appointment we went to Babies R Us for a special gift since he was such a great little boy at his appointment!
That is all for tonight I need to clean since my parents are coming tomorrow...

No comments: