Friday, September 18, 2009

Hmm...

Sometimes I wonder what our future holds, will we be successful at whatever we are destined to do, how many children we will have, where we will end up after this next spring, and pretty much what life has in store for us. I know there is a great plan out there and we must wait for each little part to uncover when the time comes.
Currently I am happy to know that being a mommy is what God has planned for me and slowly I am discovering that working with children is my other calling...too bad I did not discover this earlier...but it isn't teaching in the classroom it is actually counseling the youth of America. I am absolutely in love with my major, which is psychology for everyone who does not know. Yes, there is a lot of misunderstanding of what psychology is...no it is not all about psychoanalytic theorists, being fixated in a certain stage, or tell me about you mother...my passion is more in the cognitive-behavioral aspects or dealing with behaviors, creating modification programs to aid in the aversive behavior, and pretty much just listening to when, where, and why the behavior is occurring to find a kink in the line of communication between teacher and student, or parent and child.
Every time I tell people my major, the tend to shut down as if I am literally psychoanalyzing them (yes with some I do this but not everyone), passing judgement on them, or trying to find a label. Some people tell me that you can't remain a sane person working in this particular field but truth be told which occupation can you really stay sane... My favorite...there is not one religious person who works in this field that is such a stigma of the unknown.
Anyways a little ramble...
Tonight John and I are hanging around the house while Andy is at Clinton's homecoming game...Go Tornadoes!!! Also Weatherford Eagle's homecoming is tonight too...Go Eagle's!!!
Then tomorrow we are taking John to his first SWOSU football game, can't wait!! I went today to buy him a new shirt since he has outgrown his first one due to his big head :)! Oh well mommy got him all fixed up for tomorrow!
Oh, other great news of the week....
Weatherford has a super Wal-Mart! YES after 3 years of living a town with an old fashioned Wal-Mart, we have now joined the modern age with the super center! We are loving it since we can one-stop shop but a few downsides there isn't a tire and lube, clothes for John aren't cute at all, and we do not have a hour photo (I don't think but next time I will check). Other than that we are moving up in the world!
Well I need to go an clean, we have been so busy, and can't wait for the next couple of months to fly on by...then only one semester left..YAY!!!! Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

No comments: