As Americans take this day as a day to remember the tragedy that took place on September 11, 2001, several people are trying to remember what they were doing when the first plane hit the Trade Center.
Here is my story:
I was in the 10th grade in government I do believe, when I felt as if the safety bubble that has been around me for my whole life had been popped. I began to pray for those who lost their lives, lost loved ones, and for those who fought to save a many lives as possible.
I will never forget that day, it is just like the OKC bombing, those who thought by destroying something will breakdown the people of America or even Oklahoma were sadly mistaken, through tragedy we all grow stronger together and always remember.
Today I think back and I still pray for those who have lost but remember those who are fighting to protect us from such a great tragedy. Our soldiers overseas have fought for everything they believe in. There are several people who I have know that have gone and fought, to return to America as a hero, but I pray for them for what they have seen and what they will see, may God protect them and give them strength to live a normal life seeing so much violence.
I love this quote that follows:
“Today, we gather to be reassured that God hears the lamenting and bitter weeping of Mother America because so many of her children are no more. Let us now seek that assurance in prayer for the healing of our grief stricken hearts, for the souls and sacred memory of those who have been lost. Let us also pray for divine wisdom as our leaders consider the necessary actions for national security, wisdom of the grace of God that as we act, we not become the evil we deplore.”
- Rev. Nathan Baxter, Dean of Washington National Cathedral
September 11, 2001: A day we as American will never forget!
Remember to thank our troops for putting their lives on the line for our security!
Do you remember where you were on that day?

No comments:
Post a Comment