Well recently the counselor at my parents school was placed on bed rest since she is expecting twin girls in November, they are desperately looking for someone to fill her position until she is able to come back after the girls are born.
Since I am getting my undergrad in Psychology then planning on getting my School Counseling Master, I wish I could have this wonderful opportunity. First yesterday my parents principal said too bad I wasn't in the Master's program because it would be a great experience. Yes too bad :(. Today she was talking to my mom because when I said desperately looking I really mean in a way frantically looking, there are a few children who need someone to talk to them. She asked my mom if I would be willing to quit school for the semester to help them out.
My mothers response was if she was attending NSU and Andrew was doing his student teaching up here, then I am pretty sure she would be willing to make something work. I might also add that I would be working under someone who is licensed because my parents principal has her Masters in School Counseling, School Psychology, and is a Licensed Practice Counselor.
Man what an awesome opportunity, I would be completely nervous, but most likely wouldn't even hesitate to jump at the opportunity.
I told my mom earlier that if Andy could live without me for 5 days out of the week I would definitely make something work and if it wasn't already like the 3rd week of class or if my classes were all offered online.
That is where I get my title because if it was at a different point in time, I would love to jump at this opportunity. Hopefully something like this will open up when I am in grad school or even getting ready to graduate, we will see, I trust that God will open doors that work best for our family!
Just 2 more days of class and Clinton vs. Weatherford football game, then we are heading to the great state of Texas. We can't wait to see family and have some time together!!

No comments:
Post a Comment