With two shelves on the bookshelf full of books who wouldn't fall in love with reading? John loves to look through his books and starts to chatter about what he sees. I think this little man is going to love to read or be read to, since last night we read I Love You Stinky Face, 4 times before bed, each time we were done he opened the book back to the first page!
My ultimate goal for our children is for them to love to read like I did, personally I think that it helps to build their imagination! John defiantly has his favorite books and you can tell which ones they are because he will sit still and listen to you read them and the others well he either turns the pages, walks/crawls away, or just gets into your face.
Some of his favorites are:
I Love You Stinky Face
Goodnight Moon
A Wocket In My Pocket
Dr. Seuss ABC
Love You Forever
All his Touch and Feel books
Very Hungry Caterpillar
Love You Through and Through
All his Nursery Rhyme books
And the list could go on forever but he loves books so mommy couldn't be happier for that!
I am currently trying to catch up on some reading myself and it is a little overwhelming all the books that I want to read but can't decide on which one to start first. Choosing between Nicholas Sparks and Billie Letts is quite a hard decision but in order to get Nicholas Sparks latest books I need to read the ones I have... Also lately I have been doing research for my 20 minute presentation in Chemical Dependency class, I have narrowed down my topic to Methadone and Pregnancy...discussing what Methadone is and how it effects an unborn fetus and the withdrawal after birth. Some of the journal articles and books have me really intrigued, can't wait to give my presentation and hear all the other ones too!
"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."
-Jacqueline Kennedy
So go and read a good book! Encourage another to read especially a child!
Some of his favorites are:
I Love You Stinky Face
Goodnight Moon
A Wocket In My Pocket
Dr. Seuss ABC
Love You Forever
All his Touch and Feel books
Very Hungry Caterpillar
Love You Through and Through
All his Nursery Rhyme books
And the list could go on forever but he loves books so mommy couldn't be happier for that!
I am currently trying to catch up on some reading myself and it is a little overwhelming all the books that I want to read but can't decide on which one to start first. Choosing between Nicholas Sparks and Billie Letts is quite a hard decision but in order to get Nicholas Sparks latest books I need to read the ones I have... Also lately I have been doing research for my 20 minute presentation in Chemical Dependency class, I have narrowed down my topic to Methadone and Pregnancy...discussing what Methadone is and how it effects an unborn fetus and the withdrawal after birth. Some of the journal articles and books have me really intrigued, can't wait to give my presentation and hear all the other ones too!
"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."
-Jacqueline Kennedy
So go and read a good book! Encourage another to read especially a child!

No comments:
Post a Comment