Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

This past weekend, God protected three lives when the driver fell asleep at the wheel rolling the vehicle 6 times! The driver walked away without a scratch, one passenger had a few scratches along with a hurt shoulder, and the final passenger who was asleep in the back unbuckled was thrown forward during the rolling is now having to wear a back brace since he compressed his spine and shards of bone are floating around. That is the short version that is more to it trust me.
At times we take life for granted thinking that we are completely invisible but events like this proves that there are consequences for our actions!
Well one of my professors told us today that we have 4 weeks and 1 day left till the start of finals!! EEK and squeals of excitement!! Then increased heart rate from the stress of getting everything done by then! Oh well I am not too worried about his class it is one of my other ones which I have a test in tomorrow...ugh...
Tonight as I sat in the library I looked around at all the books in the area that I was sitting in and I really found a book that might be interesting to me. It was about Noam Chompsky's idea of language being an innate process. So if I mess up on my test on Thursday, I do believe that I have found a book I can write my paper over. I might add that there were a ton more books that looked interesting but good ole Chompsky made my day!
Now as I type this I am definitely procrastinating, not really wanting to study for my test that I have tomorrow but I would rather write until my hand hurts to study for my Language Development test (12 essays to learn by Thursday...eek), this doesn't seem to make any sense.
Well good night all, it is going to be a super long night tonight but sleep will come soon!

No comments: