This week has literally flown right on by...
John went to the doctor for his 2 month check-up and shots...
He is weighing in at 12lb 8oz, still 22 inches long, but his head has grown to 16.5.
We are now having to brush his tongue due to the buildup of milk on it, the funny thing is the toothpaste is apple sauce flavored, we are going to start that today, so we will see how everything goes and maybe he will like it...
Then came the dreaded shots, poor little guy he didn't even know what was happening, he just felt the pain from the shots. Oh he got 3 shots which contained 5 vaccines. No more shots till he is 4 months old.
Yesterday we drove to the city for his ultrasound appointment at Children's, which was really cool, the tech did his whole back so I got to see his little spine and she took pictures of individual vertebrae. John was such a good little boy just laying on his tummy watching Barney or just looking at the screen since there was so much going on. We now have to wait till Monday to get the results when we meet with his surgeon again which means another trip to Children's, I am not complaining I really love all the doctors/staff they are all so helpful. After John's appointment he was super hungry(since during his appointment he sucked on my finger the whole time), so I fed him a bottle which he looked at me like what are you doing you never give me a bottle, you should be giving me nursees. Then every time someone would walk by us they we say,"oh he is the cutest little guy" or something along those lines. I also talked to one of the anesthesiologists, she had her son with her, she asked if John was a patient at the hospital and then I told her why we were there, and then as she was walking away, some other doctors asked, "did you know her?" She responded, "No but she is a really sweet girl and looks to be a wonderful mother."
That was the sweetest thing I have heard in awhile from someone who doesn't even know me, hopefully we will cross paths again.
So now it is Friday and I have not had a productive week and I need to really buckle down and study since finals start next week but I can't wait for them to be over with. so I can get our house in order before starting school again in a month! Plus it is almost Mother's Day and I am excited for the gifts that I have made for my mom and mother-in-law, hopefully they will love them, plus we made something for all the grandma's in the family, which is from John. Okay so I am off to try and do something productive since John is taking his nap!!
John went to the doctor for his 2 month check-up and shots...
He is weighing in at 12lb 8oz, still 22 inches long, but his head has grown to 16.5.
We are now having to brush his tongue due to the buildup of milk on it, the funny thing is the toothpaste is apple sauce flavored, we are going to start that today, so we will see how everything goes and maybe he will like it...
Then came the dreaded shots, poor little guy he didn't even know what was happening, he just felt the pain from the shots. Oh he got 3 shots which contained 5 vaccines. No more shots till he is 4 months old.
Yesterday we drove to the city for his ultrasound appointment at Children's, which was really cool, the tech did his whole back so I got to see his little spine and she took pictures of individual vertebrae. John was such a good little boy just laying on his tummy watching Barney or just looking at the screen since there was so much going on. We now have to wait till Monday to get the results when we meet with his surgeon again which means another trip to Children's, I am not complaining I really love all the doctors/staff they are all so helpful. After John's appointment he was super hungry(since during his appointment he sucked on my finger the whole time), so I fed him a bottle which he looked at me like what are you doing you never give me a bottle, you should be giving me nursees. Then every time someone would walk by us they we say,"oh he is the cutest little guy" or something along those lines. I also talked to one of the anesthesiologists, she had her son with her, she asked if John was a patient at the hospital and then I told her why we were there, and then as she was walking away, some other doctors asked, "did you know her?" She responded, "No but she is a really sweet girl and looks to be a wonderful mother."
That was the sweetest thing I have heard in awhile from someone who doesn't even know me, hopefully we will cross paths again.
So now it is Friday and I have not had a productive week and I need to really buckle down and study since finals start next week but I can't wait for them to be over with. so I can get our house in order before starting school again in a month! Plus it is almost Mother's Day and I am excited for the gifts that I have made for my mom and mother-in-law, hopefully they will love them, plus we made something for all the grandma's in the family, which is from John. Okay so I am off to try and do something productive since John is taking his nap!!

No comments:
Post a Comment